The highly Anticipated Annual Return (GSTR-9) is now available on GSTN portal to file by tax payer for the financial year 2017-18.
There are 4 types of Annual Returns under GSTR-9 Form which are as follow:
- GSTR 9: Is to be filed by those regular taxpayers who are already filing under the GSTR 1, GSTR 2, GSTR 3 and GSTR 3B.
- GSTR 9A: Is to be filed by those taxable persons who are registered under the Composition Scheme.
- GSTR 9B: Is to be filed by those operators who have filed GSTR 8 i.e., e-commerce operators.
- GSTR 9C: Should be filed by those taxable persons who are registered under GST and whose annual turnover exceeds Rs. 2 crore & all those taxpayers are mandatorily required to get their accounts audited under SEC 35 of CGST Act.
All registered taxable persons under GST must file GSTR 9 form for Annual Return.However, the following persons are not required to file GSTR 9
- Taxpayers Selected Composition scheme as they must file GST
- Spontaneous Taxable Person
- Input service distributors
- Non-resident taxable persons
- Persons paying TDS under section 51 of GST Act
Late Fees & Penalty
Last date of filing annual return GSTR 9 is 30.06.2019 or 31st December of subsequent financial year.
The Information required under Annual Return GSTR 9 form consists of 6 major points or parts:
PART 1: Basic Details i.e., financial year, GSTIN etc.
PART 2: Details of outward & inward supplies declared during the financial year.
PART 3: Details of ITC as declared in returns filed during the financial year.
PART 4: Details of tax paid as declared in returns filed during the financial year.
PART 5: Details of the transactions for the previous financial year declared in returns of April to September of current financial year or upto date of filing of annual return of previous financial year whichever is earlier.
PART 6: Other information like, particulars of demand & refunds; information on supplies received from composition taxpayers, deemed supply under section 143 & goods sent on approval basis; HSN wise summary of outward & inward supplies; late fee payable and paid.
Download Notification No. 39 of 2018-Central Tax for GSTR-9
Latest On Blog
- GST Rate List 2019
- GST Verification in INDIA
- Income Tax Slab List For FY 2018-19 and FY 2019-20
- Trademark Search Class in India
- Which is better LLP or private limited company ?
- GST Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Company Name Search/Check Online in India
- Trademark_Status_Check Online in India